Sunday, May 8, 2011

Morocco Poem for Grandma

Dear Grandma,

Sorry I haven't written in a while. My life hasn't been very interesting lately. Having Hannah here was great but when she left, life wasn't as good :( It's made me miss home and want to make the most of my time left here all at the same time. The result...no new blog. So in honor of your birthday I've written this blog for you (and the other people who read this regularly)! I hope you enjoy this...

Love,
Laura


Time

My time here is flying by
Yet it drags more than I can bear
Living my life here
And my mind over there.

Wanting to know what the future will hold
Thinking and stressing until I explode.

But then I remember the reason I'm here
And I realize again just how good life can be
God has blessed me greatly this year
Great friends, my kids, and new places to see.

My life isn't boring (most would agree)
Walking down the street hearing, "Hello pretty lady!"

Where else do you feel sexy in sweatpants or a dress
Or constantly watch out for the donkey cart
Morocco is a place like nothing else
But will always hold a special place in my heart.

1 comment:

  1. Very well put! But it sounds as if your ready to be going home! Hang in there, Laura, God has & will bless you much for doing HIS will for your life!

    ReplyDelete